Saturday, February 9, 2013

Scheduling the Hike

I have now bought all my rail and flight tickets. I plan to be at the Camino de Santiago for a total of about 35 days with 2 days for travel.  The great news is that my sister joins me for around 20 days of the trek!  After learning that I was planning to do the Camino this March, something she had also wanted to do -- she was able to tweak her previous travel plans (which included a trip to Dublin), to join me in a portion of the Camino.

Here is a rough itinerary:
Day 0: travel to St Jean Pied de Port
Day 1 - 9: Start Camino: St Jean Pied de Port to Logroño (meet up with my sister)
Day 10 - 31: Logroño to Santiago de Compostela (21 days)
Day 32 - 35: Santiago to Finisterre and back by bus (if there is time)
Day 36: travel back

My sister and I plan to do the Logroño to Santiago leg in 21 days as this is the only time she has available.  This would mean daily hikes of about 30 kilometers or so, which we hope to be able to do. After that, she flies back home. I set aside some extra days to do the Finisterre leg of the Camino, and hope that works out too.




No comments :

Post a Comment